Degree College History
The Bandla Bapaiah Educational Institutions have a glorious history for the past 85 years. The donor, Rao Saheb Bandla
Bapaiah Setty Garu founded the Educational Institution named as Bandla Bapaiah Hindu Middle School, Vetapalem on 4.11.1921.
The Middle School was established by him and was developed gradually. It was upgraded as High School in 1946, and Higher Secondary School in 1961. It was converted into Junior College in 1969. The Junior College progressed by leaps and bounds and thereby paved the way for starting of Degree College in 1981. In this context, we recognize Late Bandla Venkateswara Rao garu, formed president of the college committee for his valuable services rendered for the starting of degree college as well as in development of other institutions.
It is my duty to recognize the services of the former Secretary & Correspondents of college committee who rendered their efficient services to the Bandla bapaiah Vidya Samstalu. They are; Late Bandla Veera Swami garu, Late Banda Sree Ramulu garu, Late Gutti Venkata Subbaiah garu, Late Gollapudi Radha Krishnaiah Sreshti garu, Late Adusumalli Srinivasa Rao pantulu garu, Late Gutti Venkata Subba Rao garu, Late Sri Bandla China Bapaiah garu, Late Bandla Bala Venkateswarlu garu, likewise Dr. Batta Vara Prasada Rao garu, Sri Karna Lakshmana Rao garu, Sri Gollapudi Seeta Ram garu.
Vetapalem is a village in the coastal area of Prakasam district. In this village handloom weavers, fishermen, agricultural and other workers are living in large numbers. The Bandla Bapaiah Educational Institutions have earned good name and fame at the District as well as State level.
It is gratifying to state that some of the students who studied in this institution have occupied great positions in the country as well as in abroad.
The following courses are offered in the degree college.
|S No||Coruse||Group||Medium||Year of Introduction|
|3||B.Sc||Maths, Statistics & Computers||English||1991|
|4||B.Sc||Maths, Physics & Chemistry||Telugu||1996|
|5||B.C.A||Computer Applications (with deawn)||English||1999|
|6||B.Sc||Maths, Physics & Chemistry||English||2002|
|7||B.Sc||Maths, Compueters & Electronics||English||2002|
The Management has provided adequate equipment, laboratories, Class Rooms and furniture for all these courses and
appointed all the necessary teaching and Non-teaching staff for the respective posts with required qualifications.
A spacious library building was constructed with financial assistance from the U.G.C. In the library, nearly 7,000 books on different subjects have been provided for the use of students as well as staff. In this connection we feel proud to state that there is a National level library by name 'SARASWATA NIKETANAM' in Vetapalem. The staff and students have been using this library to improve their talents.
The Degree College possesses 14.53 acres of land. A part of this being used as playground and developed. An auditorium is constructed under the scheme of MPLADS to a tune of Rs.5 lakhs given by late Pragada Kotaiah then the member of Rajya Sabha.
In the 1985, under the scheme of "TELUGU GRAMEENA KRANTIPATHAM", the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh had sanctioned Rs.5 Lakhs as matching grant for the construction of college buildings. The then local M.L.A. Dr. Sajja Chandra Mouli and the then District Collector Dr. Jaya Prakash Narayana, I.A.S. had helped a lot for the sanction. The generous people had contributed the remaining part of matching grant for the construction of said buildings. I express my gratitude to all them.
The College has obtained permanent affiliation from Acharya Nagarjuna University in 1991 and it was recognized Under 2F, 12B Act of U.G.C. in 1992. The college has been receiving grants from U.G.C. right from VIII Plan period as follows.
|1. During 8th Plan||Rs. 4,60,800/-|
|2. During 9th Plan||Rs. 8,00,000/-|
|3. Special Grant for
Internet Resource Center
|4. During 10th Plan||Rs. 8,18,448/-|
|5. Special Grant
College Located in Backward Areas
|6. During 11th Plan||Rs. 31,43,448/-|
With the financial assistance of U.G.C. we have constructed Library, Lab, Class rooms etc., buildings.
Purchased lot of subject Books and Computers, Electronics, Chemistry & Physics laboratory equipments and also Photo copier machine,
Generator, O.H.P., L.C.D. Projector etc.,
We have started Mega Gymnasium with full equipment worth Rs.3,00,000/- with the help of ministry of HRD, New Delhi in the year 2004.
The learned and dynamic lecturers are moulding the characters of the students through their excellent teaching minding their P's and Q's. In this connection we feel very happy to state that the following staff members have achieved A.P. State Best Teacher awards from Govt. of A.P.,
- Dr. S. Malleswara Rao, Principal (1995)
- Sri A.N.V.Bhadrachary, Lecturer in Commerce (2001)
- Sri N. Venkateswarlu, Principal(FAC) (Retd) (2014)
- Sri K. Sekhar Babu, Principal(FAC) 2015 (District Level)
By achieving good results in the university Examinations, the students of this college are ahead of their competitors in the university area.
For instance, Kum. K. Aparna got First rank in B.Com. degree Course and awarded Gold Medal at University level. Like wise, Kum. G. Madhavi
got third rank B.Sc.(Computer Science) at university level.
We feel proud to make it known that the students of this college have got many prize in various competitions like sports and games and cultural events at the District, University and State levels In the academic year 1995-96 our students have achieved overall championship at University level in Athletics. Mr. B. Srinivasa Reddy, established University record in Decathlon event Many of our students represented Acharya Nagarjuna University at various Inter-University tournaments. The college has N.S.S. and N.C.C. Units and are doing appreciate programmes.
In the Janmabhumi Programme, under the leadership of Principal, the students and staff of this college, took part with dedication and commitment. Besides receiving compliments from the officers concerned, we achieved the Best College Award for which a cash prize of Rs.2 Lakhs was given by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
It gives me great pleasure to state that GOLLAPUDI RADHA KRISHNAIAH SRESHTY "FREE MIDDAY MEAL HOSTEL" located at Vetapalem has been providing free midday meals to the poor students who are coming from neighboring villages. It has been supporting in this way to promote education among the poor students of this rural area and we must all be proud as it is the only one of its kind across the state.
This college, which is well known for its discipline, excellent instruction and achievement of good results, always contributes to the progress of education in this region.
In addition to the above achievements, there is a cell for co-curricular and extra - curricular activities to Co-ordinate sports, games, quiz, essay-competitions and many others. There are several additional units and branches such as career guidance cell, I.Q.A.C., Public Information Cell, placement cell and so on.
It is the dream of dedicated Executive Committee consisting of Sri B. Ankaiah Setty garu President of the Committee, Sri K. Ekambaareswa Babu garu, Vice-President of the Committee, Sri B. Sarath Babu garu, Secretary & Correspondent, Kum.K. Nagamamba garu, Joint Secretary, the principal to create a versatile team consisting of Teaching and Non-teaching staff who are always responsive to progress and who are even ready to make any kind of contribution. The results is the innovative development of the college.
Quality Initiatives of B.B.H College, Vetapalem
- Academic Calendar
- Follow up & Monitoring
- Strategic planning
- Tutorial, Half-yearly, Final Exams., record and Analysis
- Publications and paper presentations
- NSS / NCC
- Organizing guest lectures
- Students counseling
- Anti - Ragging Cell
- Student Feed Back system
- Career guidance
- B.B.H.College, started with students in 1981, now it has modern facilities like computer lab, Gyms and Career guidance Cell etc.,
- Participation in various competitions
- Conduct of workshops, seminars, guest lectures and symposium to enable the students and faculty members to remain abreast with the recent development in the field of their specialization.
- I.Q.A.C. ( Sponsored UGC)
- ANTI-RAGGING Cell
- Career Guidance Cell
- Women Development Cell
- NSS, NCC, Red Ribbon Club, Computer Lab.,
- Communication Skill Club
- Xerox, Computers, Audio Visual Cassettes, CDs, VCDs, Internet are provided by the college
- Telugu Bhasha Samiti
- Regularly conducting blood donation camps, Awareness on AIDS, Sanitation, Swacha Bharat, Anti-Ragging.
- Three State Level Best Teacher Awardees by Govt. of A.P., (1) Dr. S. Malleswara Rao, (2) Sri A.N.V.Bhadrachary, & (3) Sri N. Venkateswarlu
- One District Level Best Teacher Award by Govt. of A.P., Sri K. Sekhar Babu, Principal(FAC)
- Our college lecturer Sri A.N.V.Bhadrachary, Dept. of Commerce selected as MANA T.V. LIVE presented by Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of A.P.,
- Public Information CELL
- Janmabhoomi Best College Award cash prize Rs.2 lakhs by Govt. of A.P.,
- Our college lecturer Sri A.N.V.Bhadrachary awarded Five Gold Medals at District level and Two state level Janmabhoomi gold and silver medals in Janmabhoomi competitions conducted by Govt. of A.P.,
- Meduri Aparna, B.Com. gold Medal at University level for security highest percentage of marks in 1991-92
- A. Suvarna Lakshmi, B.A. University level can usage First in 1982-83
- G. L. Anuradha, B.Sc.(Computer Science) University level III Rank in 1995-96
- P. Meena Kumari, B.Sc.(Computer Science) University level IX Rank in 1994-95
- B. Srinivasa Reddy, ANU Athletic individual champion 2006-07
- K. Narasimhulu 1500 meters Run Gold Medal.
- Acharya Nagarjuna University Athletics championship 1995-96
- Shuttle Badminton Indoor Stadium.
- Smt. D. Nagamani, and Sri A.N.V.Bhadrachary, Lecturers, Department of Commerce appointed by Nagarjuna Universityas members of Board studies in Commerce UG level.
- Academic and personal counseling is offered to the students
- As orientation programme is organized for newly admitted students to make them feel at home
- The rich library with many titles of books, Journals and magazines